Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
So I just completed replaying through Super Mario Galaxy a few days ago (well, I got 120 stars for Mario at least, I didn't bother doing the Luigi courses this time) and now I'm playing through the sequel.

There are two things I gotta say:

1 - Rosalina is actually kind of a selfish bitch. After you get the first four Grand Stars, she only then informs Mario that once they get power to the Engine Room, they will be able to fly to the center of the galaxy and save Peach. And I'm just like ... really? REALLY? You didn't think that maybe supplying power to the Engine Room should be your FIRST PRIORITY?! What the hell are we doing wasting our time and resources supplying power to the useless Terrace and Fountain ... and your friggin' BEDROOM?! You really need your beauty sleep that badly? Jeez, lady!

2 - Even though I prefer the first Galaxy game over the sequel, I think I understand now why Nintendo decided to release Galaxy 2 for the Virtual Console first, rather than doing them in order like would make sense to most people. It's because SMG2 is an easier game between the two for the average person to wrap their head around. It not only holds the player's hand more, but it also screws with your perspective way less often, especially at the beginning of the game. Way more often the camera moves to compensate Mario when he flips to an odd side of a planet, adjusting itself so he usually appears upright and not messing with your head so much. I think they most likely figured it would be the easier of the two for people who have never played either game to adjust to, and the first game will likely come out later, with SMG2 serving as a gateway to its mind-boggling weirdness.

That's just my theory anyways. It makes sense to me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Summer drought edition - by Jermungandr - 08-23-2015, 08:16 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM