Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I beat New Super Mario Bros. U the other day. Not 100%, but enough to make me want to eject the disc out of the system and play something else until I really do feel like 100%ing it with a guide ('cos I'm an old man who can't be assed to find it all on his own time)

In the meantime though I picked Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze back up and for some reason, it's not as blood-boilingly frustrating as it used to be for me. Like, all the platforming isn't as bad as it used to be, and Cinemarella always comments on it whenever I play ("This game looks really hard but it's really pretty. Did they intentionally want to make the game this hard when designing it, or did it just turn out this way?")
I had a tendency to openly complain about how difficult it was on account of the game's sloppy controls, but now that I've gotten used to them it really isn't as bad. The difficulty though, seems to be coming from the control scheme (DK's movement feels a lot more limited for some reason, when ironically he's got much more functionality than in the original DKC games which I keep comparing it to) and the broad change in speed and level design.

While I love Cranky's functionality, he just...doesn't feel like he belongs in the platforming games as a playable character. lol

Also sudden plot twist: Cinemarella got me into Neko Atsume (it's a Japanese game and the name means "Cat Collection")
It's an extremely simplistic game for Android and iOS. You have a backyard, put toys and cat food all over the place, and cats come to visit and play. When they come over, you can take photos of them and add them to your photo album (which works like a Pokedex...but for cats) and when they leave, they tip you in sardines. Sometimes, high-roller cats will tip you in GOLD SARDINES, and you use these to buy more toys for your cats and if you save up enough gold sardines, you'll open up your back room and the cats will come in and visit you there, too.

At first, there's some pretty basic visitors, but over time you'll get crazier visitors showing up, like a Hanshin Tigers cat and a...diva cat with tube top and sunglasses.

[Image: bnkLhhj.jpg]

It's so ridiculously simple and it's a game you literally boot up, check, and then shut back down. I could probably suggest this game to all of you, and you would all love the shit out of it. There's no way you can't love the shit out of these cats
They're fucking cats and they're SO CUTE
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Goemar

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? 2016 is the new 2015 - by Kosheh - 07-08-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM