Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I got rid of my copy of AW a few weeks ago. The movement, while pretty fun to use, killed all sense of map flow and zone control for me. There are so many moments where you spawn in just to be immediately killed by an enemy that was literately moments ago on the exact opposite of the map. The movement mechanics and new vertical nature of the mechanics doesn't improve map flow, it actually deters standard COD level methodology, forcing me to ignore ground routes for "jump here, jump there" routes that just confuse and over complicate things for me.

More over and most importantly, I just wasn't having fun with AW, and my friends and family didn't even have any interest in local multiplayer, so there was just no reason for me to punish myself with it any longer.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I just can't keep up. I'm probably just a big ol Black Ops Baby when it comes right down to it.

As for those people that like FPS games, but dislike COD in general, it really is just a taste thing, and when I used to play MW2 And Black Ops a lot, it was on the couch with my brother or friends, swapping the controller, laughing and poking fun whenever someone would mess up or something crazy would happen. I feel like the serious "pro bro" attitude surrounding COD in general really hurts a pretty solid, if not arguably repetitive, series of games that really deserve less flak than what they get.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Sevenstitch - 03-25-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM