Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
I took on the entire Pit of 100 trials just now. I had a rough time on several floors and I was thinking I wasn't going to make it (even with my improved skills in Paper Mario). Up until now, I cleared that entire pit probably once or twice with a good amount of difficulty. In fact, I had to go through a fair amount of Jelly Ultras and Life Shrooms in the past just to get to the bottom. For this new run, while I did have several Life Shrooms on hand, I only had Super Shrooms and Maple Syrups to keep Mario alive. It didn't help that Zess T. is unable to take the cookbook I have on hand at this point in the game, so Maple Supers are out of the question. When I made it to floor 90, I already used two or three of my Life Shroom at that point and I could have left the pit just like that. Instead of leaving and restocking like a smart person would have, I took a risk and went deeper into the pit.

The rest of it was not pretty. There were enemies that chewed up Mario and his partner's health like candy. I had to run away from some fights to gather my bearings and abuse a trick that allows me to restore Star Power and use Sweet Treat when its ready. A gang of Swampires sent Mario and his partner to the brink of death and even caused a partner (I think it was Goombella) to use a Life Shroom automatically. To add insult to injury, there was even a fight where an Amazy Dayzee took a pop shot at Mario and Flurry for 19 damage (if I didn't guard, Flurry would have used another Life Shroom at that point). When I finally cleared out floor 99, I wasn't sure if I would stand a ghost of a chance against the bony dragon. Despite that, I mustered up whatever courage I had and used a portion of the small pool of recover items I had left to restore most of my party to full health. After equipping my badges (including a Power Plus P and a Jumpman badge), I expected the worst as I went down that pipe to take on Bonetail, or die trying.

(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by E-Man - 03-20-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM