Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
(02-20-2015, 06:19 PM)Kriven Wrote: The only bad portions are some of those fucking minigames, man.

Welcome to Bonus Stage Smile

The last time I started on it, I made sure I completely forgot everything I needed to about the game, and ended up getting stuck in the tutorial stage. Blank
Then I thought about the first stage, and how I'm gonna have to collect 100 bananas. And then I'm gonna have to do it 4 more times for every character. Across like 12 stages.

While that's a lot of content to grab and stuff to unlock (and is cool when you have time to play), I kinda ended up shrugging it off and figuring I'd play something that doesn't have me picking up a literal cornucopia of items. :/

As for me? I'm boring. I'm still playing Hyrule Warriors and am obsessed with unlocking all the items on the Adventure maps.
I know that directly contradicts what I said in the upper half of my post...but it's different. There's a side quest where you have to pick up Gold Skultullas during stages to unlock more potion mixtures (which make other stages easier to clear, I guess) but there's just something else that's really cool about clearing stages and trying to make an "A" rank on every one.

Like, when things are a little more flexible like "don't die, kill all the things and do it quickly" I've got a little more motivation to do that instead of thinking about collecting every single coin in a stage.

I beat Super Mario 3D World recently and played up to the point where I unlocked Rosalina. It felt nice to actually "beat" a game - and I'll probably go back to it eventually. But it was nice, though the "final boss battle" didn't really feel like a battle - it felt more like "don't die at the hands of a big bad guy 30 times your size until there's a gaping opening to attack him because he basically lies face up on the floor and says 'please kill me'"

...and I think as he was defeated I heard him say "please invite me back to car racing game, mario"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Shade, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Kosheh - 02-21-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM