Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
Big thanks to Shade for getting me The Binding of Isaac (+ DLC + Soundtrack), I'm having a blast. The graphics are pretty nice, and although they're not Super Meat Boy quality, it sort of helps with making the gore/blood/creepy stuff more bearable (to be honest I'm not as grossed out as I thought I'd be). It might also be due to the fact that it's made with Flash, Rebirth looks like it has more polished graphics.
My biggest gripe is probably the fact that it kinda slows down when there's basically any number of enemies on the screen. It sorta helps by giving me more time to react, I guess, but I'd prefer to have the controls be nice and responsive and actually see everything moving at the proper speed. I have a suspicion that this is due to Flash being not extremely optimised, since other much better looking games (e.g. Runner2) work smoother. Although, it's probably still my PC that's the biggest issue, if it was stronger then it'd probably run fine.
But regardless, it's really fun. Collecting items to get stronger and just clearing rooms is pretty enjoyable. It's also cool to discover all the different stuff and their effects.

I finished the main/initial game today (Spoiler:i.e. killed Mom) on what I think is my 4th run. Definitely gonna be playing a lot more, not only because I know there are more chapters and there are HEAPS of achievements to unlock as well as items to find, but also because the replay value is just so high. All the different randomised factors in this game make every run truly unique.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by puggsoy - 01-31-2015, 07:32 AM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM