Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
What are you playing? c'mon, tell me punk!
So I mentioned in one of the Christmas threads that I might be addicted to Fantasy Life on 3ds. Pretty sure I still am, I've got about 18 hours in already.

I have experience in half the Lives, those all being the strength side of the spectrum. I'm in a range of Adept to Master in Paladin, Mercenary, Miner, Woodcutter, Smith and Carpenter. It IS weird to have to switch to a Life to turn in challenges, but you have instant quick travel to the guild and to your current master, so hassle is minimal.

I like how areas contain high rank monsters from the get-go, like the Nap Dragon in the plains, which I just beat and got a sweet long sword.

Although the gameplay is relatively simple, it has slight complexities that keep it fresh. Monsters can have abilities you don't expect, and boss monsters get new moves at lower health to keep you on your toes.

The story so far is fairly predictable. Character motivations are usually spelled out for you, and some of the more mysterious elements are still easy to guess. What's funny though is that sometimes the characters themselves call it out, it's hard to describe.

There's a lot of themes dealing with different generations finding middle ground with each other. Every single Life quest involves something with a son/daughter with a father/grandfather involved, and even in the main story that has been the main focus. It's been cute, though. Every character has odd quirks, some of which are funny, but some that I skip over by mashing the button so I can just get to fighting or crafting.

I haven't dabbled into multiplayer yet, but if anyone has this game, let's get a party together sometime!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by Ton - 08-01-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: What Are you playing? Remake edition - by TomGuycott - 12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: What Are you playing? tis the season - by Koh - 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM