Users browsing this thread: 82 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I'm in agreement with you on this. Smash Wii U definitely has better mechanics and a better roster, and I am glad it exists for those reasons and wouldn't wish it away for anything, but I find myself preferring Brawl overall for all of the features outside the main multiplayer smash mode.

- Brawl's Classic mode is WAY better than the one offered in Smash U. (The 3DS one is pretty decent though).
- Although Target Blast is interesting, it really doesn't beat Break the Targets.
- Smash 4's custom stage mode SUCKS. And the pitiable thing is that due to how it works it should have been a huge leap over the one offered in Brawl, but all it's terrible issues makes Brawl's custom stage mode glitter in comparison.
- Subspace Emissary is a great co-op experience. My sister and I have played through it together many times already. I don't understand why people complain about this mode so much.
- I also liked the fact that minigames like the one in the credits and the coin shooting game in Brawl gave you fun little breaks from the main Smash gameplay. Smash 4 has their credits minigame and the block breaking minigame which are both still just the fighting gameplay, and although I do appreciate the fact that they test your character-playing skills in unique ways, it just feels kind of lazy to me.
- I also really enjoyed getting to fight the variety of bosses in Brawl, especially the ones taken from various represented franchises (Petie, Rayquaza, Ridley, Porky).

I'm not saying Smash 4 is bad by a longshot, just that, as someone who isn't all that competitive in general, there doesn't seem to be a lot of features offered for people like me. Outside the roster itself, the only thing I got out of this Smash generation that really appeals to me is the Smash Run mode, which most people don't even acknowledge because it's only included in the inferior version of the game. Brawl offers a lot more variety of content outside the basic multiplayer competition mode.

If my opinions seem dumb to you, just chalk it up to the fact that I'm just not that hardcore of a player.
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|NX HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING - by Jermungandr - 02-07-2016, 11:26 PM