Users browsing this thread: 95 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
You know it occurs to me ... if they actually were to make a direct port of the Wii U version for the NX, we might actually end up LOSING some characters.

At the moment Nintendo has only acquired permission to use the various third-party characters in the Wii U and 3DS games. Making an additional version means they would have to renegotiate contracts with each of their parent companies, and that runs the risk of any of said companies being uncooperative. They could end up demanding too much money, or Nintendo could offer too little due to them feeling like they've already put the work in, or the company in question could end up just straight up refusing (I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a LOT of spite going around in the gaming companies as of late).

The risk is honestly probably quite small, as I think any company involved would be complete idiots to not negotiate with Nintendo, but the risk does exist. It certainly would be bizarre for them to present the game to us as "Smash Bros. NX! Starring all your favorite characters from the Wii U game (*cough*except megaman*cough*)."
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|NX HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING - by Jermungandr - 02-05-2016, 11:05 PM