Users browsing this thread: 99 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(12-31-2015, 11:51 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Unfortunately for Mike Jones, being from an American only game means you pretty much don't exist in this Japan centric series.

um, you sound like you're just flamebaiting right now ):

Punch-Out in Japan was an extremely rare game (10,000 copies total) because it was a prize for winning the NES Golf tournament in 1987 (and it was gold! actually, 1,000 were given as prizes and the majority of the rest were raffled off, I think), and still didn't sell that well in Japan even after the Mike Tyson version was released there.
Meanwhile it did gangbusters in the States.

Who in Japan actually wanted Little Mac in Smash Bros. considering the game barely even sold? Hell he was from a special edition game so it COULDN'T be sold. He was pretty much a character that only American players enjoyed.

?? Big Grin ??  

oh yeah. he was a pick purely to appeal to american audiences. and to be fair, so is Cloud (believe it or not!) but that one's a little harder to argue since FF7 did OK in Japan too

I mean, with that in mind Mike Jones technically has a chance, he's just probably waaaaaaaaaaay too obscure (like Sukapon) to currently be featured in the game.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|Bayonetta Ballot = George W. Bush in Florida - by Kosheh - 01-25-2016, 07:34 AM