Users browsing this thread: 85 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(12-30-2015, 07:53 AM)Kriven Wrote: I never liked playing Marth and Roy in Melee, but I was super interested in their games because I'd never heard of Fire Emblem before. Now I'm big into Fire Emblem. It has nothing to do with how well they fought in Melee... a certain amount of it has to do with the mystique behind these characters who I don't even know what they're saying because Japanese.

I don't know, becoming a fan of a franchise character because of how they play in a game with mechanics seriously far removed from those of their own franchise is strange. And basing it on "I like them because strong" just reminds me of the people who are only into DBZ or Superman because they can blow up planets. It feels shallow.

Yeah back in Melee, Marth and Roy interested me because they were mysterious and unknown. They were so stylistically different from the rest of the cast. It made me want to know more about them.

It had nothing to do with how strong they were or how fun they were to play as.

Of course, now Marth and Roy are a drop in a sea of characters just like them. Theya re less interesting because of it.

Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|Bayonetta Ballot = George W. Bush in Florida - by Koopaul - 12-30-2015, 04:45 PM