Users browsing this thread: 89 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Boy looking back at some of my posts I can understand why some of you hate to see me post here. And for that I'm sorry. I won't do it again I promise.

But you have to understand I never liked Smash as much as I did because it was "a fun game". I loved it because it united all my most beloved characters and settings together in one glorious celebration.

To me, Smash is inherently fun anyway. So it really doesn't mean much to me that Smash 4 is considered "fun". You think it's fun? Great. Lots of games are fun, but that's not what makes it special. What makes Smash special is the fact that it gathers beloved Nintendo characters and potential icons together.

Let me share something. The first time I saw the intro of Super Smash Bros. Melee, it was at a display at Toys R Us. I watched it and when it was done I was literally moved to tears. It was so beautiful that I couldn't control myself, my family had to get me out of there so I would cause a scene.

Yeah. That's how much I love Nintendo and its characters. I'm sure this all seems insane to most of you, but I can't help it. I have a different mentality than most of you. I mean look at this:

(07-27-2015, 09:17 AM)recme Wrote: diddy kong was the strongest character in smash 4 when smash 4 was released, which lead to him getting popular in the community. during the hoo hah phase, i bought dkc2 to see how diddy's game played.

This is one of the most bizarre and frustrating things I read in this topic. That logic is so alien. You got interested in Diddy because he was top tier? What?! To me, in my mind, that's not a good reason to like a character. By that I mean, the actual character Diddy Kong himself, not the fighter.

To me, you should like Diddy and be interested in seeing more of him and his games because he's a cool upbeat monkey who'll do anything for his best bud DK. He uses awesome gadgets and proved himself as great a hero as DK himself despite being treated as a sidekick. That's why I love Diddy Kong and was excited to see him in Brawl. And in Smash 4 he was still the same cool dude he was in Brawl, so being top tier meant nothing to me.

Don't get me wrong, I still have fun with Smash for the sake of having fun. For example, I actually think Roy (from Fire Emblem) is a really fun character to play as and I enjoy using him. But that doesn't make me like Roy himself. His character doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

TLDR: in my mind, there's a difference between loving a character because of who that character is, and having fun with a fighter in Smash. I was passionate about Smash because I was passionate about the characters.

Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|Bayonetta Ballot = George W. Bush in Florida - by Koopaul - 12-30-2015, 05:23 AM