Users browsing this thread: 88 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
On the thought of "Characters Whose Voices Aren't Right" (and I have been significantly bothered by this at times, I'll admit. Where's Grant Kirkhope's satisfyingly deep "Cool" whenever I taunt?), it would be neat to have some kind of all-star voice talent selection. I have multiple thoughts here, and I won't lie: this evolved out of a desire to satisfy multiple languages.

So the Smash game is about celebrating Nintendo and its various historical iterations... and I've always thought that could go beyond specifically what character were on the roster. It's an unwieldy thing to wish for, but wouldn't it be neat to pick which voice your character was using before the battle started, like with colors? You can just flip through the names of voice actors and where they played the character (including international voices), and that can bring something new to the table. For instance, if you were to pick Spike Spencer as the voice actor for Marth (he played the character in the little-known Fire Emblem OVA anime), the character would go by "Mars" since that's what he was known as in the dub. Just something that would go a long ways towards making the game more diverse without having to fall on the roster.

Honestly I think I get more of a kick out of seeing how great the characterization for these icons has been in the Wii U era, and this little touch would just be so much icing on that cake.

sorryifi'mfallingintofantasysmashterritory gameisoutanddooneandidontwanttobitchaboutitbecauseitsgoodoverallandiwouldratherdrooloverfantasysmash

Editing to Add Because I Forgot: Koopaul's negativity can be annoying, sure, but I think that's an annoyance bred from a different perspective and different values. For instance, this was said:

"i dont think anyone really cares about the stupid sound effects characters make."

This statement is wrong on thousands of levels. The "stupid" sound effects characters make have bothered people to such an extent that an entire community has been built around replacing them. Treating this like some kind of non-issue, like the characterizations of these icons, is a trivial matter isn't the right way to go about it. So it doesn't matter to you. So it doesn't bother you. That doesn't mean other people aren't entitled to expressing the way they feel.

Koopaul doesn't like the game, he wants to express that dislike of the game, maybe he even wants to have a discussion about how the game could have been improved or why people would like the game the way it is. I think it doesn't matter, though, because he hasn't personally attacked anybody. Some people are starting to do that. That's wrong. If his negativity is that annoying, just ignore it. I don't know if anybody else has seen Inside Out (I think most of you have?) but Sadness has its role to play. Shutting it down just because it gets to be annoying or tiresome or whatever is wrong. Combat it, debate it with, but just like, don't stab it with spears?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by Kriven - 12-22-2015, 06:35 AM