Users browsing this thread: 79 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(11-13-2015, 09:58 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I'm talking about Dragon Quest man. Whether or not its a Nintendo character at this point is irrelevant because this is about Cloud in Smash, and you said that the casual market wouldn't recognize something so it wouldn't work. Literally no one knew who Roy was. Going by the same criteria, there's very few kids who knew what MegaMan was until he was announced in Smash. Duck Hunt is only notable for pissing people off and the light gun.

Except that whether a character is Nintendo or not totally isn't irrelevant, because you keep bringing up Nintendo characters in a Nintendo game. Third-party representatives are judged on an entirely different metric.

"There's very few kids who know Mega Man" this line of thinking keeps popping up, and it just isn't true. Mega Man never went away. Also, we aren't judging these characters exclusively on what kids know about them... otherwise we would have Stealth Elf or some other Skylander representing things. This is about a character's status as a multi-generational icon. Mega Man's games continue to sell and continue to appeal to a wide demographic, just like Sonic. Cloud, despite really only mattering to one single game, has endured as an icon for twenty years.

(11-13-2015, 09:57 PM)Koh Wrote: I'm not saying Cloud can't be in, I'm saying DQ is closer to Nintendo than FF is, and would've seemed much less random than Cloud.  Just as popular of an RPG series, so they'd be covering all bases, while still going towards something that just screams Nintendo.  Either way, it would still be nice to see them represent the most influential RPG series somehow.

Cloud isn't random.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Kitsu, BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by Kriven - 11-13-2015, 11:09 PM