Users browsing this thread: 85 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I'm not saying Dragon Quest isn't a major franchise, though.

I'm saying it's not Final Fantasy. It's never going to be. As much depth as there might be to Dragon Quest, and as awesome as its characters could be, and as influential as the franchise has been on its genre, it's pretty much always going to be in Final Fantasy's shadow. None of its protagonists will be able to hold a candle to Cloud, because Cloud is really the first video game protagonist to be taken seriously. FF7 didn't make waves when it launched; it made tsunamis.

(11-13-2015, 09:36 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Also true just on the fact that literally no one would know who Roy was if it wasn't for Smash Bros. If I'm not mistaken, his first appearance in a US release was Fire Emblem Awakening.

You're again comparing a Nintendo-owned property to an outside property. In this case, Roy and Marth were included in Smash Bros. for marketing purposes: Roy for his own game in Japan (which was a stipulation, actually--Sakurai had to include Roy if he wanted Marth, or IS wouldn't allow it), and the duo to strike up interest in the United States.

If we compare legacy-for-legacy, most of the Nintendo characters should be replaced with Frogger, Bomberman, Belmont, Earthworm Jim, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Master Chief, and Spyro... but it is still a Nintendo celebration first, and an industry celebration second.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Omegajak

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by Kriven - 11-13-2015, 09:40 PM