Users browsing this thread: 80 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Why does everybody keep saying "Cloud is so random!"

He really isn't--he's been the enduring face of the JRPG genre since 1997. Any other Final Fantasy character with the exception of a generic Black Mage would have been a way more "random" choice. Sure, his primary game isn't on a Nintendo console, but that doesn't mean he lacks the star power to be among a group of video game all-stars. He's a third-party character with at least five appearances in games on Nintendo devices, starring role regardless, and he's the mascot of an entire genre. Cloud isn't a random choice in the slightest. His inclusion does nothing to "OPEN THE FLOOD GATES." That point won't come until lesser third-party characters or third-party supporting characters (Tails, Protoman, Pac-Man Ghosts, etc.) start getting character slots.

As for non-video game characters getting in, I'm not opposed to the idea of a few very particular characters getting in... Namely, ones which Nintendo has worked with closely. Popeye, Mickey Mouse, James Bond (who was almost in the original game, and would have been were it not for licensing issues) would be fine with me. As much as I love the Jump SuperStars, I don't really want to see them invading a primary Smash game... a JSS vs SSB game (emphasis on JSS content) could be neat, though. Or if the Smash team wanted to go on and make a Jump-centric game using Smash assets, that would be great too.

Honestly before any of that, I would rather see cartoon and comic book elements from Nintendo (and supported third-party) franchises showing up. I'd like a Mario stage set in the DIC cartoon's Pasta Land. I'd like Leo Luster smashing with the Kongs. I'd like Sonic's Freedom Fighters to have fully realized 3-D trophies. I'd like to see Jodi Summers represent F-Zero based solely on her role in the anime, and by that token, I'd like to see the Anime characters fill-in for Pokemon Trainer when particular Pokemon are in play (Ash when Pikachu is in play, for example. Red with Charizard. Riley with Lucario.)
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by Kriven - 11-13-2015, 07:50 PM