Users browsing this thread: 106 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-26-2015, 12:37 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Anyway my point with Dr. MarĂ­o is that he's literally just Mario.

You know, I wanted to jump back to this point because of one counter argument that I can come up with this.

Look at Ryu and Evil Ryu.

Evil Ryu is pretty much Ryu except he has his own character slot in the street fighter games he's in.

This kind of echo's Gors' point a bit but consider that, if players wanted to play a different version of one character with different attributes into the game to enhance it in those fighting games, why not in Smash? In Smash 4 Dr. Mario is literally the same character with the same moveset that he had in melee, which was pretty much a direct clone of Melee's Mario. And in Smash 4 Mario has the same moveset from Brawl.

So maybe not everyone wants to play the Mario from Brawl and they want to play the Mario from Melee in the form of Dr. Mario. It adds a level of game play that, I think can appeal to both fans of melee and brawl at the same time for those who have played as Mario.

You could also apply this logic with Marth/Roy/Lucina. It's really more in point that if you can come up with more than one moveset for a character then it should at least warrant another slot anyways.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: recme, Shade, Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|We have weekly Brawl tournaments - by DioShiba - 07-26-2015, 09:33 AM