Users browsing this thread: 77 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: It couldn't possibly be that the current competitors running rough-shod over the scene have turned people off of creating their own tournaments?

Why should this affect you? If big names turning people away with their standards were the case, which isn't impossible mind you, Smash 64's scene wouldn't exist. They're a good example of people really pushing for what they want regardless of numbers. If you want items in a competitive sense... play with items and host a tournement!

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: Honestly, the way you're characterizing the people you're talking to
(06-25-2015, 02:06 PM)Gwen Wrote: The competitive people in here can be a bit arrogant about items :L

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: (because obviously we're just bringing this up for shits and giggles, right? It couldn't possibly be that we want to play in a recognized itemized league, nope. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with wanting more styles of play to be recognized, nope.

Oh- oh you're actually serious about the whole competitive items league thing. Well in that case head on over to Smashboards and discuss it. A single general Smash Bros thread on a forum way off somewhere else in the internet that pretty much no Tournament Organizer would find is a really weird place to ask for these things, don't you think?

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: It's because we like to piss all over you competitive cretins every few months.

Chill out

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: This is an incredibly dickish thing to say in a discussion of opinion.

It... I'm sorry, it just doesn't make it any less true though.

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: 1) The current league of Smash Jock For-Money Players don't like items.

Ignoring the... peculiar name you've given the majority of people playing Smash in tourneys, I hope that "current" implies that you know Smashers have been playing like this for... I THINK 12 years? I'm probably not right on the dot, but that seems close.

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: Everything else has been "Oh, random item placement isn't fair!"
Which is opinion.

It's not.

(06-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Kriven Wrote: I honestly don't get why you're so opposed to the idea of the formation of a league of item-players that doesn't threaten your non-item league. Which is what this is about for me. Why are you so opposed to other people doing this thing that doesn't affect you if you don't want it to?

I'm not. I'm just kinda jaded about the constant conceptualizations about it, and yet failure for anything good to come out of it, if anything at all. Kind of like how after this discussion you'll probably never pursue it further anyways.

(06-25-2015, 05:56 PM)Gwen Wrote: If you're not a literal idiot, items are pretty easy to react to/dodge for the most part

This immediately makes no sense when you realize this would be a high level setting in which people actually know what they're doing with them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/commen...arch_posts

Ooooooh, look at that poooositive reception that managed to kill Brawl's competitive scene right in 2008.

Honestly, I enjoy items a ton, and as much as I speak about competitive jargon blah blah blah, I think a little less than half of all my experience playing these games is just chilling around with a lot of friends in 4 player free for alls with them turned on medium or something. I find them to be a ton of fun, no matter which game (some titles' items may be more intrusive than others) and will probably never play without them unless it's a strict 1v1 where someone asks me to try. In the end though, even I can admit that items pretty much have no place on the big-stage, which is my point. No one serious would want to leave it up to RNG, which makes a lot more impact than you guys give it credit for.

Iiiiiif you'd like proof that I'm not some Melee hardass, here's horribly captured nearly unidentifiable proof of me playing with an item ruleset in actual motion caught by someone I know!

Anyways, given all my reasons over the course of several pages. This is a loophole I tell ya, won't go any further as it delves into pure bashing and throwing around of the "opinion" word which is sort of pointless. Sorry if I seemed arrogant or hurt anyone's feelings. You're all free to play however you like, I'm just some other guy on the internet!

GEE THIS TOPIC SURE IS A WHOLE LOTTA TENSE BACK AND FORTH GOING NOWHERE EVERY 8 PAGES HOW'S ABOUT I CHANGE IT UP A LIL' BIT
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|NO! ITEMS! EVER! - by Iceman404 - 06-25-2015, 06:52 PM