Users browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(06-25-2015, 11:10 AM)recme Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 09:40 AM)Kriven Wrote: Why are you all assuming that items are all-or-nothing when I specifically said that some items are totally usable and fair? Obviously things like the Gust Bellows and the Drill aren't, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Star Rod or the Fire Flower.

see, the thing is, smash 4 and brawl are already defensive-based games in the competitive community. why should the "fair" items be added if it makes a defensive game more defensive? it just makes the game boring to watch and boring to play if players are just waiting for each other to make a wrong move so that an item can be used/thrown.

Except nobody is asking No-Item Players to use Items or to replace No-Item Tournaments with Item Tournaments. No-Item Play can still very much exist.

Just asking for multiple... Leagues, I guess.

There's more than two ways to play is what this whole discussion really boils down to. I'd like to see all the different ways to play be represented in the community. It's tiresome to hear how casual somebody is if they play with items, because "casual" really is thrown around the Smash community like a slur. It also creates these groups that aren't even accurate. You can't really compare "No Explosive Containers" players to "Everything Goes" players.

Heck, where do Coin Matches fit into all this? I want to see some Coin Tournament Leagues.

We have a really versatile game here, you guys. Why are we restricting it to just two stigmatized groups of gamers?

Also, defensive is not a negative thing. It seems like it is to you and a few other people, and probably to the current Smash Competitive Community, but that doesn't mean there isn't an audience for defensive play. Making a defensive game more defensive just doesn't sound like an argument to me.

I want opinions from you guys on what you think Sakurai means by "Several Characters" and "From Here on It's All Fanservice".

Article commenters are going crazy thinking "Several" means "Twenty". I'm hoping ya'll will have some more measured responses x.x;
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Koopaul

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Kriven - 06-25-2015, 12:30 PM