Users browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(06-25-2015, 10:04 AM)Kriven Wrote: I think having a designated item position is probably the opposite of balance. It would end up like the Magicant stage, with people camping near the Flying Man.

Honestly, the random spawn placement isn't as much of a problem as you guys are making it out to be so long as the items that spawn aren't ridiculously overpowered. As long as an item behaves in a predictable way and isn't an instant death, it's something which an opposing player should be able to overcome. It's just another attack at that point.

(06-25-2015, 09:58 AM)Iceman404 Wrote: If you're not sure about how heavily RNG can impact competitive play or how serious Smash players take it, I want you guys who agree with this whole items thing to go do some research on stage selections at tournaments.

Go look at Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, and Wii U's banned stages. The slightest bit of RNG is heavily frowned upon, Pokemon Stadium 1 is even being considered for banning because it's transformations are RNG based. Keep in mind these are the same people who think so far ahead in intuitive planning for wins that they time the 20 seconds it takes Randall (the cloud) to make a revolution around Yoshi's Story (Melee).

People will not stand for RNG they cannot activate or initiate by themselves (Green Missile, Turnips, 9) and will never deal with bullshit. I'd honestly hate to lose prize money over something that wasn't up to me or my opponent in every way possible because the slightest stuff makes a difference. This isn't even slight, is the problem you're missing... at high level play things will only be even more exaggerated.

I know you guys don't believe you're the first ones suggesting/thinking of this whole items in competitive play idea. SSBM and SSBB started with items allowed in tournaments, SSBB 2008 Evo launched with items and the scene became a horrible joke. That tournament is literally one of the primary reasons the Brawl scene DIED before it even had a chance to start, go look it up.

It's been tried and failed
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Iceman404 - 06-25-2015, 10:10 AM