Users browsing this thread: 98 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Items are fun when you are dicking around, and that is totally okay. However I understand why playing without items is fairer for those who play the games seriously.

In that golf analogy, that would be like, playing golf with your friend and then, randomly, a guided golf ball spawns in front of him, netting him a hole in one shot. This doesn't sound fair, right?

"But I have the same chances of getting items, it shouldn't be that bad"

Yes - you could get a fireball spell for your golf ball next round to disrupt your opponent, but then, think about it. All the calculation, all the club picking, all the terrain analysis and swing power is moot. You aren't playing golf anymore, you are just fucking around with items.

Golf might be a complex game, but there are predictable points - this is why there are pro golfers. They know how to analyze all that 'seemingly random data' to suit their playing. Wind is not entirely random, neither is weather. They take time to change - it's not like a bob-omb that spawns in front of you.

Also nerfing them would be pointless. The fun of items is to fuck with your friends, launching them frantically. It's meant to be a dickish thing in conception - imagine a 'balanced' hammer, or a 'nerfed' bomb. The whole suprise factor and impact is gone. They are party elements by nature and it's kinda pointless to use them in a regulated scene that is professional smash bros.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Gors - 06-25-2015, 07:14 AM