Users browsing this thread: 89 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
A quick comparison for you Koopaul about other games' examples of super attacks and why Smash's current Final Smashes aren't really appropriate for competitive play outside of those where items are allowed:

Regular fighting game super attacks, whether it be Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear or what have you, the attacks can either be blocked (usually at the cost of chip damage while blocking, another feature that isn't really doable given the nature of Smash's current shielding mechanic), or attacks that cannot be blocked are either heavily telegraphed or require you to be directly on top of your opponent.

The majority of Final Smashes, while in most cases able to be dodged mainly due to the massive amount of size in a Smash stage compared to a normal fighting game, cannot be blocked, and in some cases are even difficult to dodge. As far as I know, I don't think there's any Final Smash that does damage that can be blocked (for long at least) by a shield. Lots of Final Smashes don't leave room for dodging either.
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by TomGuycott - 06-24-2015, 03:02 PM