Users browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Quote:-The Smash Ball floats around randomly because it forces the players to approach it while also interact with each other, forcing them to fight for it. Having it stationary makes it an easy pick-up to the person it appeared beside.

But still not suitable for competitive play. I want Final Smashes to be integrated in a competitive match.
Quote:-The Power Meter exists as a homage to the actual Punch Out power meter, and either removing it or giving it to other players makes it feel less of an homage and makes Little Mac seem less original.
Oh please. Look at characters like Captain Falcon who have such a basic moveset. Why does every new character need a unique gimmick? Especially Little Mac. He's already unique enough in that he's terrible in the air and a monster on the ground.

Quote:-The main reason Ryu has two Final Smashes is that in Street Fighter games, after a certain point characters would be given two ultra moves a piece. There was a time when you had to select just one before going into a fight, but one of the most recent iterations of Street Fighter IV allowed two to be used.
Yes yes I knew that. But what I'm saying, is if a DLC character can have two Final Smashes, why not everyone?

Quote:-Like I mentioned before, adding so many final smashes for each character, while not difficult to conceptualize, especially for characters with an abundance of moves, mythos and gadgetry to choose from, would add months and months to development time PER character. This would be pretty redundant too, seeing that as it stands, there is maybe 2 characters who have original Final Smashes. All others recycle either functionality or execution.
You just pointed out why it WON'T take months to do. All Final Smashes boil down to four different kinds...
-A close up pummeling
-A large beam or blast of some sort
-Something that makes an area on the stage hazardous
-And a super transformation

Because of this, it shouldnt take as long as you think it would. A lot of character even share the exact same Final Smash! Also, how do you know how long it takes to make a Final Smash? Final Smashes don't have the same complexities as normal moves do. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they were one of the more easier parts of a characters moveset.

But why do I even want more than one Final Smash? I noticed that depending on certain factors (stage size, number of plays) , a character's Final Smash may be incredibly useful or completely useless. I wanted to give the player some flexibility with their super moves. Many times playing as Jigglypuff and having the Smash Ball on Palutena's Temple and people were saying "What a waste, I wish she did something else."

Thanked by: E-Man, Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Koopaul - 06-23-2015, 03:02 PM