Users browsing this thread: 94 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Smash 4 has the most content that matters, Brawl was awful but had better SP content.

Melee and especially 64 had the most exciting high-level gameplay. I'd say 64 even moreso because all the intended mechanics work perfectly. My dream is one day we'll get patch notes (lol) with this:
-Tripled shield stun
-End lag on rolling increased
-End lag on spot-dodging increased
-End lag on air-dodging increased
-Grabs have more priority again, never clash/lose (SSB64, SSBM, SSBB)
-Aerial landing lag halved with timed shield-press
-Hit-stun increased to accommodate higher gravity

Aaah~ But a pipedream~ If this were done I'd probably drop all other Smash games in terms of favoritism

=============================================

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/commen..._the_lone/
Quote:Hello everyone, I will cut right to the nitty gritty. Ryu has some of THE BEST options in the game, and is considered already to be top 5.
PROS: Tons of power, Pretty decent speed, Pretty good recovery, AERIAL DASHING!?, Can down throw combo, A projectile with 2 variants, A kill move (Shoryuken inputted) that true combos from his down tilt, on hit cancelling ability (will be explained). The ability to parry up to 1 attack (any smash attack for example that is 1 hit) using his down B (Focus Attack) and counter attack with an attack which causes Crumple status (a status from Street Fighter 4 which causes opponents to fall to their knees, and then down on their face, you can combo off of this),

CONS: Not easy to pick up and play at all, Requires learning to use his inputs, Crucial to LEARN TO USE HIS INPUTS, I cannot stress this enough, Slow smash attacks, Not the best recovery, Really difficult to learn to utilize his light and heavy system (pressing down tilt makes you do a simple foot slide, holding it makes you do a heavy foot trip which knocks people into the air and lets you On Hit Cancel).
OKAY, so, now that that's out of the way...

Ryu has a system from Street Fighter called "OHC" or "On Hit Cancel" which basically lets him cancel his up tilt or down tilt (heavy and light down tilt, light up tilt only) into any of his B special attacks, or inputted attacks. This system is REALLY unique, and lets him have some of the best kill options in the game if you master using his inputs. (Down tilt (LIGHT) to inputted Shoryuken can kill at earliest of 80%) for example.
This is a good system to learn to use if you wish to use Ryu properly.
His next system, which hails from Street Fighter 4, is his Focus Attack and Focus Attack Dash Cancel (or FADC as we call it in the SF4 community.)

Basically, his down B is a Focus Attack, he takes a stance, and charges up to 3 levels of Focus. Level 1 has no hitstun on the opponent for you to combo off of, and is only good for getting someone off of you or a quick punish for a smash attack someone did (if it is 1 hit.) The Focus Attack can parry up to [1] attack (After that, you'll be knocked out of Focus) and it's REALLY good for punishing people who use lots of dash attacks or projectiles or smashes. Level 2 of Focus is pretty good, has a decent amount of hit stun, but still not a lot of time for you to combo off of. Level 3 Focus has the best hitstun amount possible, and tons of combo potential off of it, even kill set ups!

Now, FADC (Focus Attack Dash Cancelling) is when you use Down B, and IMMEDIATELY dash (left, left or right, right) during the Focus. It can be done while airborne to get a sort of "air evade" or "air glide" or even "air dash" effect. You can act out of a FADC when airborne REALLY quickly, allowing you to FADC, avoid an attack while air borne, and go into an inputted Shoryuken or Tatsumaki or Hadouken (Shakunetsu Hadouken, Red Fireball). You can also go into any of his other aerials, the possibilities of using FADC is ENDLESS. You should also be using FADC when landing a Focus Attack level 2 or higher. When you land the punch (ONLY when landing it), Ryu can FADC out of the animation toward the opponent into any attack you please. I recommend an inputted Shoryuken or an up smash fully charged if it's a level 3 Focus.

Well, that is all I wanted to give in this guide, and if you have any more questions, please ask me. I used to be an avid SF4 player!

I think Ryu will be the most interesting character to watch at high level in the game, he's looking to be one of the best characters if mastered, actually...
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: recme, Pik

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Iceman404 - 06-15-2015, 02:59 AM