Users browsing this thread: 72 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
^ This.

And also, the single player content that we DO have is frankly kind of disappointing.

The "Classic" mode in the Wii U version is frankly just not fun for a variety of reasons; "Master Orders" is literally just Events Mode with a rule randomizer; "Target Blast" is not nearly as interesting as the old school "Break the Targets" ... especially since it's given to us alongside "Home-Run Contest" which functions extremely similarly; and nobody really seems to give a crap about character customization. It also has nothing resembling an Adventure Mode in the slightest, not even an overly simplistic one. Plus there's "Smash Tour" which can honestly go f*ck itself forever whether it's played single or multiplayer; it's just not fun.

The 3DS version I actually like better than the Wii U one if simply because the single player options are more consistently fun to play. The Classic Mode is WAAAY better and Smash Run is a ball to play even on your lonesome.

That said, when it comes to claiming what Smash is the "best" game, I think it has a lot to do with what you mean when you ask that question.

I think from a technical standpoint, Smash 4 is indeed the "best" Smash; it has the best cast of fighters, best physics, best balancing, et cetera et cetera. If I was choosing a game just based on which one I want to play competitively with friends, or which one I would use for tourney purposes, I would choose this one.

But if I were to choose which game I thought was best just based on my own personal bias, I would probably honestly go with Brawl. Despite its "issues" with the floatiness et cetera, it is the one Smash generation that has the most content that I actually want to play. EVERYTHING in that game I want to play; a decent Classic Mode, an ambitious (yet not very respected) Adventure Mode, Boss Rush battles (not to mention the existence of classic game bosses at all), Smash the Targets, even that underrespected coin-shooting minigame was pretty fun.

Unlike Smash 4 where the majority of the content the game offers is simply "meh" to me. Honestly, when it comes to the Wii U version at least, I sort of feel like I wasted my money a bit. I paid sixty dollars for this game that I'm playing maybe 30% of what it actually has to offer.
Thanked by: Koopaul, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The Original Home of RTB's Leaks! - by Jermungandr - 06-14-2015, 11:01 PM