Users browsing this thread: 82 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(04-19-2015, 06:56 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 06:43 PM)recme Wrote: boohoo, i didnt know it was required to be born at that time to know statistics. my bad.

You can't go sarcastically using "Oh, I remember" for a time period during which you didn't even exist.

That's what recorded history is for. I:

Look, you're evidently taking every comment against Mother and F-Zero as a personal attack today, but neither series has ever really exploded with popularity the way other Nintendo franchises have. If they really had, more people would have recognized who Captain Falcon and Ness were BEFORE Smash Bros, and even after, both series have somewhat reached a point of stagnation until they are brought back more officially (in Mother's case, maybe some sort of localization of Mother 3 officially at all).

You also keep coming back to the Mother 3 Disk Drive prototype as a reason for Mother being relevant at the time, and yes, that's entirely true. What is also true is that the game was seemingly trapped in years of development hell and eventually released on a handheld console a generation after the console the original was being developed for. The mark of a game that a company would consider popular would be pulling the necessary time and resources to make it happen faster and happen right, not keep it in development for ten years and release it in one country.

Do I think F-Zero and Mother don't have fans? No, I love them. Do Nintendo hate these franchises? No, they keep showing they support them, even if they aren't on the front lines. Lucas came back to Smash after being cut, both games have a lot of trophies in Smash, F-Zero was experimented with in Nintendo Land and has inspired two tracks in Mario Kart.

Does that mean they are going to boom with content in Smash? No. They might not. That depends on how popular they really are, which I don' think we as individuals can accurately tally on our own, so it is kind of a moot point.
Thanked by: recme, Iceman404, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The SaltySuite Resource - by TomGuycott - 04-19-2015, 07:24 PM