Users browsing this thread: 98 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(04-19-2015, 12:07 PM)recme Wrote: sure, these franchises have their fair share of fans, but its not as big as say, mario or pokemon. more slots are going to be given to more recognizable characters. when i played melee back when it was still new, i can assure you that i didnt know who fox, samus, or falcon was until i played that game. sure, other people would've known who they were, but thats not really a lot of people in comparison to mario/pokemon.

Nobody was comparing these franchises to Super Mario, and you're mingling points. Captain Falcon was never part of the popularity contest, you chose to pick on Star Fox, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. Nobody ever even said that these franchises should have as much representation as Mario. Your argument was that they got no new representation because they were unpopular, which is a patently false statement.

"I didn't know about them when I was a kid, therefore they were not popular and are definitely still not popular today."

(04-19-2015, 12:07 PM)recme Wrote: yeah! because i sure do remember earthbound doing so well in the US and getting a sequel in the US!

oh, wait... :\

also, super mario kart sold waayyyyyy better than f-zero. a serious 9:1 ratio over here. the only thing i can say is that smash bros sure did popularize series that weren't well known...

Yeah! Because you were even born yet!

Oh, wait... :\

I also never mentioned Earthbound's sales, I mentioned its reputation, which was on fire even at the time. It's a niche title to begin with, so of course it didn't move millions of units... but it scored well and has always been highly sought after by JRPG fans.

The fact that Mother 3 was never released in English has absolutely zero to do with the fact that it was in development for ten years (five by the time of Smash 64) and had just been shown off in both Nintendo Power (IN AMERICA!!!!) and Nintendo Space World. Actually, I don't know where this "sales and release in America" qualifier came from, America is only a part of Nintendo's market. "It didn't do well in America, therefore it doesn't have recognition anywhere else in the world, like Japan, where all of Nintendo's creators live."

Super Mario Kart sold more than F-Zero... because that totally negates the position it's held in the racing scene since 1990.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The SaltySuite Resource - by Kriven - 04-19-2015, 03:52 PM