Users browsing this thread: 94 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I think that's definitely the case in regards to newcomers... but the Smash Bros. franchise is nearing twenty years old itself. With the history the franchise has going into it, and the way it's shaped the modern gamespace, and Nintendo as a company, it can't properly celebrate Nintendo without celebrating itself, at least a little bit. That means including characters that are nothings outside of the Smash titles. Nana, Popo, Roy, Ness, Captain Falcon (he had a thing once, but even that cartoon you mentioned fed off of his popularity and characterization from Smash Bros.)--all of these characters are kept in the modern eye only because of Super Smash Bros., and they aren't even the whole lot. Hell, Mr. Game & Watch isn't even a character outside of Smash, if you don't count his brief stint as a cohost for Game & Watch Gallery (I think it was 3. The one with the boxing minigame that featured Luigi), and even in that instanced he only appeared because he had previously been created for Melee. Without Brawl, we wouldn't have the modern Kid Icarus iteration.

There is honestly nothing wrong with liking a character for their involvement in Smash Bros.' history. You are advocating for the removal of content between installments of a game franchise which thrives on content, and that always ends up taking away from the experience of a sequel. Mario Kart isn't the same without its past tracks, characters, or mechanics... this is true of Street Fighter, and Tekken, and Samurai Warriors, and any other game with an emphasis on multiplayer and task repetition all the way down the line to Super Smash Bros. So Roy's run as a Lord wasn't well received; so Roy is more well-known as a combatant in Melee; so what? His presence in that one game helped bring the Fire Emblem franchise outside of Japan, the first game of which to do so, I might add, featured Roy's father. Not to mention that he has enough of a following to have been one of the earliest FE:A DLC reveals. That was a big draw to many people.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The SaltySuite Resource - by Kriven - 04-18-2015, 04:18 AM