Users browsing this thread: 80 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
Quote:Roy's shittiness is obvious; There's already two Marths, Roy was an inferior Marth to begin with, he's had only one major appearance in his series, that game was one of the worst in the series, he himself was one of the worst characters in the series, etc. Roy is there as a Smash Bros character more than a Fire Emblem character, and I don't understand where even his Smash Bros popularity comes from. This is why I hate the King Maker aspect of Smash Bros... if Smash wanted to pick nobodies but cycle them out when something more relevant comes around, that's fine (Roy->Ike, Young Link->Toon Link), but that doesn't happen. Instead, anybody who sets foot in Smash becomes something much bigger than themselves and refuses to ever fade into obscurity. It doesn't matter if they were terrible in the game either, as the Roy and Pichu polling in Japan shows us. I want cycling cast members in the Smash series; I think Sheik should've been replaced by Impa, the Fire Emblem cast should frequently cycle, and obvious the Pokemon too. But for whatever reason, a lot of people don't want anyone who sets foot in Smash Bros to ever leave.

Quote:And ANOTHER THING I HATE. The Smash fandom is so fucking reactionary. When something is rumored or leaked or just assumed, people then all of a sudden advocate for it. There wasn't ANYBODY asking for Ryu before this leak, and now he has fans and advocates! The same thing happens every fucking time. The Gematsu leak CREATED fan demand for Chorus Kids out of thin air. Fan demand for Palutena increased because everyone expected her out of Sakurai's Uprising involvement. WHY do people rally behind what is expected? It creates this weird feedback loop of people supporting a character for disingenuous reasons and then creating the demand that justifies a character's inclusion in the game.

He calls Roy a Smash bros. character, it's not like Marth, Ness, and Captain Falcon can't be considered that either...
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The SaltySuite Resource - by Omega - 04-17-2015, 12:22 PM