Users browsing this thread: 90 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(03-02-2015, 10:44 PM)recme Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 10:27 PM)Kriven Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 09:30 PM)Mystie Wrote: it still doesn't feel as "refined" as Melee.

I have to disagree. SSB4 is far more polished and refined than Melee, but it's that same kind of polish that makes it stale.

didnt you just create a paradox in a way? you sorta said that melee was better since it wasnt "overpolished" as ssb4

Mm... I said SSB4 can be stale, and it definitely can be that way, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it less than Melee. I don't honestly see the paradox. Melee's lack of polish, however, makes it a way more explorable type of game. You don't get railroaded into certain actions because the physics are less defined.

Essentially, I feel like Nintendo's games have been pretty scripted lately. This doesn't mean that I think they're bad games or that they aren't as good as their earlier titles, but they're hitting this uncanny valley. Cutscenes and voices have such practiced work that it comes off less enthusiastic than SM64's "It's-a me!" and more like an over-rehearsed sitcom. Character movement is far more restrictive than it ever has been with the characters literally snapping into a path. This makes the visuals more polished, sure, but only by virtue of limiting the angles from which a player can approach a situation.

I don't feel lucid enough right now to actually elaborate on what I'm trying to say, but it isn't about visuals (Wii U's visuals have been pretty great).
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|The SaltySuite Resource - by Kriven - 03-03-2015, 02:04 AM