Users browsing this thread: 73 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
The thing is, it doesn't matter what autists would prefer society do or what they would prefer to be called. I'm not saying this as somebody who wants all the autists to shut up or whatever, I'm saying this as somebody who has been on the receiving end of these insults and has watched them change with the commonly accepted vernacular. When it was medically professional to refer to people with brain damage/disease as "Retarded", that's the word morons used to insult people. Before that it was "Slow". Both of those are still in common usage as insults, and both of those were professionally changed because people wanted to disassociate mental disfunction from those negative words. The jerks just followed suit, adopting the new terminology for their own purposes. I've been hearing "aspie" used as an insult lately, and how long has "sped" been a thing? For a while people were trying to even use ADD/ADHD as an insulting term, but that just doesn't fly off the tongue easily, so it never stuck.

Whatever new terminology pops up medically or ethically or whathaveyou is just going to be adopted by these jerks. They don't care what anybody has to say about it, they are trying to be insulting. It doesn't matter what anybody really has to say about it, because these kinds of people are already trying to hurt. They do not care, and no number of PSAs are going to change them. You can try explaining to them why it's offensive, that it's stigmatizing an entire subset of the population, but they already know that. That's why they're doing it if they're over the age of twelve.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: The Super Smash Bros Thread. No Items,Diddy Kong only, Final Destination. - by Kriven - 01-04-2015, 01:32 PM