Users browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I didn't really get to read your first post, but since the only competitive player in the room at the time got upset, I assumed he found it insulting in some way.

Also, 90% of your posts about Smash boil down to the same thing: items on should be considered the norm for competitive Smash. This, while a perfectly good way to play smash, does not induce a good competitive format.

Picture it with this example: Street Fighter, but at random a Super Automatic Hadoken Cannon or a Life and Special meter recovery spawns on a random side of the screen. And as luck would have it, it keeps spawning behind the same player in a situation where if the other player attempted to jump over and grab the item, they would be trapped in a combo long enough to kill them, and if they didn't, the other player would have the advantage to win.

Naturally, items aren't nearly that crippling in Smash because of a faaaar higher vertical and longer horizontal plane, but the effect can still happen. At that point it becomes less about skill and more about gambling.

Don't get me wrong, the skill it takes to come back from nothing or to overcome a devastating item combination is laudable, and item play is my usual preferred method of play, AND I'd applaud a tournament type that encouraged item play. However, item play IS definitely counter intuitive to a competitive atmosphere where victory can mean money.

That's all I'm saying, and that's why I assumed he would have found it insulting. I really don't think one should get criticized for their play style at all, though. The options to customize the game are there so that the most people possible can enjoy it, so why not celebrate that? Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: The Super Smash Bros Thread. No Items,Diddy Kong only, Final Destination. - by TomGuycott - 01-03-2015, 11:04 AM