Users browsing this thread: 77 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(01-02-2015, 08:49 AM)Sportoise Wrote:
(01-02-2015, 04:58 AM)Koopaul Wrote: People would argue with me that its not competitive if you play on these stages or have these items or use these rules etc. Why should I let others define my experience?

Do you really want to start this again, Koopaul? Because this conversation has gone on before, and you've shown you literally have no god-damned clue on what you're talking about. You're out of your fucking element Donnie, and Im not going to deal with your brand of Koopaul Bullshit™ on this subject. There's a good reason why items and stages are banned in competetive play, and if you took some time to look it up you'd understand why.

Playing with items is okay. But the thing is that most of the items are designed with multiplayer (more than 2p) in mind. Invincibility stars are fun to run away from, because it forces the action elsewhere on the map. Instakill items are fun in multiplayer because the action shifts to knocking other players into their impending doom. Collecting items to build the air ride thing becomes a mad scramble, and that's fun because it's a little game in itself, with a fulfilling goal to collecting all its needed pieces.
There's satisfaction in using these items, and they're fun.
And while most are dodgeable, they just become a complete nuisance when you're playing against just one other person. it completely changes the flow of the game. oh, and they're random. it's now luck over skill.

"oh but kosheh why not just turn off the instakill items"

it's all in the same menu, and it's easier to just turn every item off now, that's why. also, no randomness - which is pretty much the backbone of competitive gaming, which is skill over luck.

Maybe if it was designed so items dropped at set time intervals, with increasing item lethality over time, they'd probably be seen in competitive play...but they're not. it's completely random. it's like competitive bumper cars.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: E-Man, BullockDS, recme, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: The Super Smash Bros Thread. No Items,Diddy Kong only, Final Destination. - by Kosheh - 01-02-2015, 09:46 AM