Users browsing this thread: 90 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I just want to say in regards to character tenure and whatnot...

I really like the fact that each consecutive Smash Bros. game brings in characters that have been and will be relevant to the current face of Nintendo. The fact that the roster captures this little snippit of an era... it makes it really neat when you get into fourth and fifth iterations of the franchise, that you can see all these different generations reflected in the characters and their designs and habits. Ike might never have a starring role again, but the fact that he can live on in Smash Bros., it's pretty cool. "Look at this character who had an awesome game, and look at how they designed fantasy characters during the early 2000s compared to (say, Robin) how they design them now..."

This is the same reason that while I would have loved for Krystal to appear in SSB4, I didn't get overly hyped about her. The character's prime time was on the GameCube, and her opportunity for playable significance would have been for Brawl. That's not to say that there isn't any place for historically significant characters, but we have already received plenty of that (even if half of them did get a genuine revival during the Wii era).

This is all also part of why I hate cuts... You lose a little of the generational mesh when you cut characters.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Kriven - 12-03-2014, 06:13 PM