Users browsing this thread: 86 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(12-01-2014, 10:05 AM)E-Man Wrote: Is it just me, or is Nintendo getting a little sloppy with their games ever since patching and DLC became a big thing for them?

I feel like this is the case with at least Mario Kart 8 and SSBWU. I don't know if it's about being able to fix things later with DLC, or if it's because they're putting more energy into the primary game (in the case of MK8, the tracks themselves which are all awesome. In the case of Smash, the balancing), or if it's because creating games in HD is super time-consuming (it's probably both), but these two titles have seriously been lacking in areas where every single one of their predecessors certainly were not. The end result is that, even though the games are technically superior and are really fun when you stick to the primary modes (Grand Prix, Versus Cup for Mario Kart, Classic, All-Star, Smash for... Smash), when you go into some of the sub-modes (Battle in Mario Kart, primarily, and Events, Stage Builder, Smash Run/Smash Tour in Smash) they feel half-baked. When Mario Kart 8 came out, they didn't even allow it as an option to have the map displayed on the screen, not even in the extra corner when you had a three-player race going on. That's something every iteration of Mario Kart has included, and it's one of the little touches (and note I'm talking about the option, not the necessity) that have made the games so easy to use in the past. Smash also features all kinds of strange little things that hamper the game's ease-of-use, but it's felt a lot more than it was in Mario Kart. The lack of reset button for Event Matches means getting kicked into the Events screen and having to reload the entire match every single time you suck (which is often, since a lot of them are chance-based). The fact that the Quit Combo (L + R + A + Start) requires you to have tentacle-fingers is just awful. I find myself getting pissed off at Smash Bros. in a way I haven't gotten pissed off at video games since I was six, and it's not because the game is too hard... it's because it has become inconvenient (and in the case of the quit buttons, painful).
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Iceman404

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Kriven - 12-01-2014, 11:37 AM