Users browsing this thread: 88 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I am probably going to get a lot of flak for saying this ...

buuuuuut ... 

... I think I might actually like the 3DS version better.

*gasp!* Insanity, I know.

Don't get me wrong, if you're one who likes to play competitively and you're more or less going to be exclusively sticking to the Smash mode, then the Wii U version is definitely the superior option.

I'm not all that much of a competitive person, however. And a lot of the mode differences in the Wii U version don't really appeal to me.

For starters, I really like Smash Run. I mean, I really really like Smash Run. Honestly I've played that mode almost exclusively in the 3DS version. Running around taking down recognizable enemies tactically while searching for rewards is a lot of fun, even when you're only playing solo.

The Wii U version, however, doesn't have anything even resembling it. I wasn't expecting a full-fledged Adventure Mode, but something where you got to run around and murder the shit out of enemies in an HD would have been awesome.  But we get nothing at all. (Unless you want to argue that Master Fortress counts, but seriously meh to that).

The Smash Tour mode that we get in exchange is really not interesting at all. I really don't care for it. Like GaryCXJk said above, it's just way too random and not skill based at all. Extremely unsatisfying.

I also feel like the 3DS version of Classic Mode is superior to the colosseum-esque version we're given in the Wii U version. The 3DS version is much more akin to what we've had in the past, although I wouldn't say it's the nostalgia that specifically makes this appeal to me. Rather I just really enjoy how each battle has a given theme to it, with random conditions ("Giant", "Metal", "Team", etc) thrown in here and there.

The Classic Mode in the Wii U version is just a clusterfuck in comparison. There is no theme to the battles, you're just fighting a randomly collected collage of enemies on a random stage. It's not really as charming by a longshot.

The Special Orders mode honestly isn't anything special. It's basically just an extension of the Events mode, but where  the conditions are chosen randomly rather than predetermined. It's a pretty good mode to get some practice in, but it doesn't really tilt the scales between the two versions at all.

So yeah ... right now I'm really leaning more towards the 3DS version. Sorry if that makes me sound like and idiot amongst all the people raving about the superiority of the Wii U version and how the 3DS version shouldn't exist.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Jermungandr - 11-29-2014, 03:34 PM