Users browsing this thread: 88 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(10-25-2014, 03:09 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Well whatever. Sakurai has his priorities and I don't agree with them. If we had Ridley and a new Donkey Kong character, you wouldn't hear a peep from me. That's all I needed.

Again, this goes back to the whole DLC thing. If sakurai, namco, sora, and nintendo really wanted to they could have made Ridley and another DK character into DLC. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

And far as metagame goes:

Quote:Metagaming is any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game, or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Another definition refers to the game universe outside of the game itself.

In simple terms, it is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decision

Basically, meta gaming is a form of gaming that can affect how you can really push the games farther in terms of gameplay. This was something that has been common in super smash bros since melee came out (How else would we know about wave dashing?)

My point in bringing that up is that with both games, there is alot of potential to push the metagaming really far if the player chooses to do so and if he has both games. I mean shit you have amibo and the inter-connectivity between both games so I find it hard to believe that there's no way this can't be done. I'm not sure how but once both games are out I'm pretty positive several gamers will find several things that can make the gameplay experience all the more enjoyable.

This of course is just in theory, but in most cases I've seen may people come up with new ways to play the game outside of it's rules. So it wouldn't surprise me if somehow players found a way to use both games to their advantage. And it seems like that's what Sakurai wants players to do even if he doesn't say it directly.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by DioShiba - 10-25-2014, 09:29 AM