Users browsing this thread: 94 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(10-25-2014, 02:22 AM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 01:44 AM)Sportoise Wrote: And I'll say it again, the Ice Climbers getting cut was a good thing. I know you're gung-ho about them because they're an old series, but the fact you don't hate the fuckers shows that you have obviously never played against a good Ice Climbers. If you had, you'd hate them. 

Yeah... 
I'm just gonna have to pop in and say this is a moot point, considering grabs have a 1 second in-between delay in Smash 4.

this post is a post on progress because of quoting system and phones

I'm sure they'd be okay in Smash 4. But 2 games of chain grabby bullshit can lead to a bit of resentment. (Also tongue in cheek, come on guys)
(10-25-2014, 03:03 AM)Kriven Wrote: How is "Ice Climbers were broken" even an argument when one of Sm4sh's selling points is balancing?

More so, why is it bad to include a character that is just for casual fun?

Wasn't an argument, was more stating a relevant opinion. Also, people like to play competively, too.  I mean, they're a decent chunk. Shouldn't their concerns be valid aswell, even if Sakurai tries to stiff them as much as he can?

(10-25-2014, 02:57 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Sportoise

Anyway it still doesn't change the fact that a 3DS Smash was a bad idea. Even if there wasn't a Wii U version I'd still complain... probably even more! A fourth generation Smash game needs the proper power. And I still don't see the "big frickin deal" of a portable Smash. Smash is not a game I want to play on a bus ride, it's a game I want to play in a room full of my buds and a box of pizza. As much as tourney people hate to hear it, Smash really is a good party game.

As for Ice Climbers... I don't care about them myself, but many others do. They've been in two games already and that's a good enough reason to keep them around. I mostly bring up the Ice Climbers as proof that a 3DS game was holding Sakurai back on making an even better Smash game. Something that I always worried about.

No one gives a shit of you say Smash is a good party game. Most people completely acknowledge the fact that it's a great game to fuck around with a group of buddies. However, the fact that the term has been used a lot as an insult to try to detract from Smash's competiveness is what makes a lot of people sour over the term

What I never get(I do actually get why, I just wanted to point this out)  is why people don't bring up Squirtle or Ivysaur when mentioning the 3DS holding back Smash. The poor boys never seen to get any sympathy.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by [robo9] - 10-25-2014, 09:27 AM