Users browsing this thread: 87 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(10-25-2014, 01:44 AM)Sportoise Wrote: Koops, you're ignoring the fact that if there wasn't the 3DS version, we wouldn't even be having a discussion over Smash 4 right now. Sakurai wanted to make a portable Smash, Nintendo had to beg him to make the Wii U one. I mean, portable Smash is a pretty big frickin deal. And I'll say it again, the Ice Climbers getting cut was a good thing. I know you're gung-ho about them because they're an old series, but the fact you don't hate the fuckers shows that you have obviously never played against a good Ice Climbers. If you had, you'd hate them. 

That's not what I heard. I heard Nintendo asked him what system he wanted to make a new Smash on and he said both.

Anyway it still doesn't change the fact that a 3DS Smash was a bad idea. Even if there wasn't a Wii U version I'd still complain... probably even more! A fourth generation Smash game needs the proper power. And I still don't see the "big frickin deal" of a portable Smash. Smash is not a game I want to play on a bus ride, it's a game I want to play in a room full of my buds and a box of pizza. As much as tourney people hate to hear it, Smash really is a good party game.

As for Ice Climbers... I don't care about them myself, but many others do. They've been in two games already and that's a good enough reason to keep them around. I mostly bring up the Ice Climbers as proof that a 3DS game was holding Sakurai back on making an even better Smash game. Something that I always worried about.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Koopaul - 10-25-2014, 02:57 AM