Users browsing this thread: 82 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I doubt that, though. I think more of the reason to why there's not a lot of DK elements is mostly because there's not much to draw from DKC Returns.

If you played the 2011 Platformer of the Year, you'll notice that there's actually very few NEW THINGS in the game. In terms of characters, there's really only Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Dixie and Cranky wouldn't be introduced until Tropical Freeze, after all. If K. Rool was the boss of Returns, it'd make his chance of inclusion probably a bit more likely, but the enemies in that game were a bunch of wooden planks.

Meanwhile, Tropical Freeze was in development alongside Smash 4, in a completely different country. Retro Studios made these games, and it might've been hard for Sakurai to get in contact with these guys. The roster was determined waaaaaaay before DKC Tropical Freeze was announced, so Sakurai probably didn't know that Dixie was even relevant.

I think that we'll definitely see a Donkey Kong Returns stage though. Notice that Star Fox and Metroid have brand new stages? Those two franchises had returning Melee stages as well. It just sucks waiting for it, and DK Vine fans are nortorious for being a little impatient when it comes to their franchise.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Ark Kuvis - 10-08-2014, 02:16 PM