Users browsing this thread: 93 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(10-07-2014, 11:38 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Like, I realize that having a well-rounded cast is important but despite the fact that Donkey Kong was one of the first Nintendo games, do you really think it's going to have priority over things like Mario, Kirby, or Zelda?

Since when did I say I wanted DK to have priority over Mario or Zelda? All I asked for was SOMETHING. One new character, maybe a stage. No. All we got from DK was Kritters in Smash Run. Is one stage or a character asking for too much?

(10-07-2014, 11:38 AM)Vipershark Wrote: (and considering the issues with Rare and licensing characters and stuff from that IP, they likely don't care about anymore)) despite DKCR and Tropical Freeze, it's kind of obvious why DK isn't getting as high of a priority.

WHAT? I mean seriously, WHAT? How do I even begin... Again, WHAT?! Where are you getting the idea that Nintendo doesn't care about that IP anymore? No seriously. Where? How? Where? Is DKCR / Tropical Freeze nothing? Is the fact that they feature Rare's Kongs and Animal buddies mean nothing? The fact that many Donkey Kong characters have even appeared in Mario spinoff games mean nothing? Like seriously where are you getting the impression that they don't care about Rare's IP?

If you don't come up with a good answer then I'm going to assume you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Especially since Nintendo owns everything in the DKC trilogy, there are no licensing problems at all.

(10-07-2014, 11:38 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I realize you (and some others) love DK, but it's quite simply just good business sense for Nintendo to make content that caters to much bigger audiences of much bigger franchises, because in the grand scheme of things, nobody really cares that much about Donkey Kong.

Um. Again where are you getting this information? Did you know that DKCR sold three times as much as Skyward Sword did? Did you know that Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D sold more than Kid Icarus: Uprising did?

Get your facts straight. Nintendo cares about Donkey Kong's characters, the console Donkey Kong outsold the Zelda console game and the handheld Donkey Kong game outsold the Kid Icarus game.

I understand that Donkey Kong is insignificant in your mind. You don't care at all. I don't give a rats ass about Fire Emblem, but at least I know how important it is to Nintendo and did my research on it. The least you could do is some research on Donkey Kong before making such claims.

Thanked by: Ark Kuvis

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS: WII U (Spoilers Warning) - by Koopaul - 10-08-2014, 12:38 AM