Users browsing this thread: 84 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(09-17-2014, 10:27 AM)Kosheh Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 09:39 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I really cannot imagine it's impossible to have Ice Climbers on the 3DS. It's seems tricky, but not impossible.

The Ice Climbers are one playable Popo and one computer-controlled Nana (with "Tails AI"). Four players at once playing Ice Climbers means that there are four playable Popos with "Nana" AIs that the game has to handle independently. On top of that, each one has to be rendered by the game's graphic processing.
It's definitely technical issues ):

The "trick" they used to make Duck Hunt work is that the duck, at no point separates himself from the dog model - they are actually rendered as one character onscreen the whole time. If you notice very, VERY closely in people's screenshots of DHD, you'll notice that the duck's feet are actually part of the dog's texture.

I'm not denying that there are technical issues neither was I comparing them to Duck Hunt technically. I just find it unlikely that it's impossible to work around them, hence my suggestion of making them individual characters instead. It's no longer unheard of for characters to share a slot like Olimar and Alph, so Popo and Nana can work similarly.

They would need a reworked moveset though if they're going to be separated. Since their tether would fail horribly without the other, I had in mind them using the pterodactyl to recover. Their neutral-B attack usually blew in both directions, so instead they could to a sort of T-stance and blow icy wind from each hand.
Want Ice Climbers to be a team? How about P1 picks Popo and P2 picks Nana. Since Team Battles no longer affects the costume color, it can work.
This is just an idea and might sound stupid. I personally don't care much for Ice Climbers. I do care about Mewtwo, goddamnit!
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: E-Man, Phantom Killah, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - by NICKtendo DS - 09-17-2014, 10:42 AM