Users browsing this thread: 82 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(08-25-2014, 06:24 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: [Image: US4fH8B.jpg]

So it looks like the 3DS' Classic Mode consists of only five stages plus a boss.

I feel like they're missing a great opportunity to include another feature from a Sakurai game here. Have any of you guys ever played Meteos? In that game there was a mode that had branching paths similar to this, but with each stage you were given a mission objective to complete, and if you failed the objective then one of the branches was removed as an option.

I think that would make an interesting gimmick for this mode in Smash as well. By default you get three path choices after each level, but you're given a bonus objective when the match starts like "Beat the opponent under X seconds" or "Beat the opponent with an item" or "Complete the match without taking more than X damage", and if you fail one of the branches is eliminated.

In a way it kind of adds a Glitz Pit vibe to it as well.

Cool as that sounds, I doubt they would have been able to pull it off if they wanted to keep the same roster and add all these nice features in it as well.

And personally I kind of like the fact that there isn't as many stages in Classic mode for the 3DS. Partially because I wasn't a fan with how Brawl had 12 stages to go through not counting the target smash stages. And the fact that a lot of the stages were fixed to fit a certain theme each time it became more repetitive than it needed to be.

And to be honest I also like the fact they added a choose your adventure twist into the 3DS because it gives you a choice instead of having a pre-determined or random match in some consecutive order.

Of course, it's not gonna be like this at all for the WiiU version but you know for what it's worth I'm liking the way the 3DS version is going so far.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - A Wild Duck Chase - by DioShiba - 08-25-2014, 08:18 AM