Users browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
I am pretty sure that the Shadow Kirby you fight at the end of Kirby Fighters is NOT the same shadowy Kirby from the Mirror World and that wiki page is just straight up wrong.

The Kirby from the Mirror world is called Shadow Kirby when you attack him throughout the game largely because he is literally a shadowy figure whose identity you don't really know or understand. Once you beat the game however the ending story correctly refers to him as Mirror-World Kirby or Mirror Kirby, depending on your translation. If they were to use that same character again, I think they would refer to him as Mirror Kirby since he was revealed to not actually be a sinister version of Kirby.

Then of course there's the obvious visual differences. The Shadow Kirby you fight in Kirby Fighters has an astral look to his body, which is completely covered with the same color skin, he has glowing white eyes, white cheeks, and if you look in his mouth you can actually see that his insides glow to as well. Mirror Kirby on the other hand has a dark grey body with darker grey feet, dark grey cheeks and black eyes.

I could also make the argument that Mirror-World Kirby is a good guy with no reason to fight Kirby, but one could always make the counterargument that the fight at the end of Kirby Fighters could in fact be a friendly rivalry battle. But even if you don't think Shadow Kirby is evil, there's still the fact that he STRAIGHT UP EXPLODES when you finish him. There is a very distinct exploding animation followed by him bursting into shadowy smoke. If Kirby were fighting his pal Mirror Kirby, I don't think he would resort to straight up destroying the shit out of him.

So yeah, I definitely do not believe they are the same being. Mirror-World Kirby is an actual living alternate-universe version of Kirby, while Shadow Kirby is some sort of shadowy ethereal construct of Kirby, like most versions of Shadow Link.

Ummm ... I'm not really sure why I'm debating this though ... it doesn't really have anything to with the topic at hand ...
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - A Wild Duck Chase - by Jermungandr - 08-23-2014, 09:57 PM