Users browsing this thread: 94 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-17-2014, 03:05 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I don't see why Blood Falcon would be a separate character and not just a palette swap.
That slot should go to Black Shadow instead.

No no no no, that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about in reference to this quote by Sakurai in that interview about Robin, Lucina and Chrom:

"In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup."

This is a situation where I think going all the way and having a character like Blood Falcon as one Captain Falcon's alternate costumes, going so far as to even remodel his helmet to have a skull instead of a falcon as opposed to just reskinning the emblem on his back. They could even change his voiceovers slightly to reflect his more blood-thirsty personality.

It's a situation like that where I think it would be appropriate. After all, Blood Falcon is LITERALLY a clone of Captain Falcon, so his moves would be exactly the same, hence he would be a cool alternate costume swap rather than a whole character slot.

That quote in the interview made it seem like some of the alternate costumes were actually going to be renamed characters entirely. One that is a good example since it was in a past Smash game is Dr Mario, who could basically function entirely like Mario, but remodel his outfit and basic projectiles.

I feel like this system would be an effective way of getting certain B-list Nintendo characters into the game without having to actually take up an additional slot. Sure, lots of people would probably dislike that system (mainly the fans of said characters, seeing as they would appreciate a full-fledged, uncloned moveset more), but at the end of the day wouldn't it be cool to have a few extra characters represented in that way?

The basic ones I can think of are these:

Dr. Mario for Mario
Daisy for Peach
Funky Kong for DK
Pichu for Pikachu
Impa for Sheik
Young Link for Toon Link
Louie (or other Pikmin character) for Olimar
Dark Pit for Pit
James McCloud for Fox

Just off the top of my head.
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi, Gwen

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - Attack of the Clone - by TomGuycott - 07-17-2014, 05:55 PM