Users browsing this thread: 74 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-15-2014, 02:08 PM)Rhyme Wrote: i think the concept of using a low-tier character in competitive matches like evo/mlg is so silly

if you're playing with friends, sure, but i feel like in competitive if you pick something low tier you're either

a) confident as FUCK you're better than everyone or
b) really good at a bad character, which will usually put you at a disadvantage against someone really good at a good character

the first one is bad sportsmanship, the second is just... screwing yourself unless you're REALLY good. that said melee was pretty balanced so i assume it doesn't matter toooo much, but it still bothers me

Well Ganon's not low tier in Melee, which is the Smash that's played at Evo. And besides, there's plenty if reasons to use lower tiered characters for non disrespectful/fucking around ways. Not everyone knows the matchup for lower tiered characters and you can use that to your advantage. Some of the lower tiered characters work extremely well against higher tiered ones. Armada, one of the best Smash players, has a pocket Young Link for Puffs. Hungrybox has a Ness. Amsa plays Yoshi and has been doing pretty fucking well lately.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - Attack of the Clone - by [robo9] - 07-15-2014, 04:31 PM