Users browsing this thread: 90 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-15-2014, 06:03 AM)Drshnaps Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 03:15 AM)Tellis Wrote: It's the same reason why (...) you're probably not gonna see Mike Jones from StarTropics in the game. There's no pride for American-made stuff for a Japanese developer.

Uuhhhh ...
Uuhhuhhh... that game was only released in the US and it was developed by Japanese devs living in the US? It's not a perfect analogy but like, at least Punch-Out (same dev team) was RELEASED in Japan.

And as for everything else, I'd say Dixie still has a chance, exactly for the reasons you said, I'm just not gonna count on it is all, or cry bloody murder if it doesn't happen. And yeah, ok, the point still stands that the DK games that people actually liked (Jungle Beat aside, which ONLY had DK as a returning character) were all American made. I don't know, it just feels abundantly clear that Nintendo of Japan doesn't really dig on the DK universe as established by Rare.

And I mean, all the arguments aside, I don't really care what speculation people have about the game if they have fun doing it. I just take issue with someone complaining about their favorite series not being represented just 'cause it doesn't line up with how THEY personally see Nintendo as an entity in their head. Fire Emblem's been around since the Famicom days! It's pretty damn clear it's a series more near and dear to the Japanese gaming populace than the Donkey Kong Country games. And Awakening like, sold 3DSes. Not as many as Pokemon, sure, but that's something!
Thanked by: Gwen, Crappy Blue Luigi

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - Attack of the Clone - by Tellis - 07-15-2014, 03:52 PM