Users browsing this thread: 92 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-14-2014, 06:44 PM)SchAlternate Wrote:
(07-14-2014, 06:17 PM)Gwen Wrote: I've played many rounds where me and someone else are the same character, and it's not a challenge at all to discern who is who, seeing as you can have your custom name overhead, also if you take a few minutes to get used to them since they're a new character, you'll come to see they're quite different.
I can't really take you seriously right now because you're venting on about Roy and taking it out on Lucina, blame Nintendo for giving Roy the cut, don't take it out on new characters who deserve the spot. It doesn't really come across as mature.
She's incredibly relevant, one of the most popular characters from Awakening, and has more than enough to set her apart from Marth.

Well, alright, maybe I'm being really biased about Roy, I apologize.

But that aside, I just find Lucina's inclusion kinda pointless. I mean, Robin on his/her own is just enough representation from both Awakening and the franchise as a whole; he's not only aesthetically different from Marth and Ike, thus giving the roster some visual diversity, but he also contributes by representing certain assets from Fire Emblem.

Most notably, magic; I mean, we already know there are characters that use melee weapons in the franchise (specifically, swords) but now we get someone with the other side of the weapon spectrum, whose playstyle is therefore unique from the two veterans.

Not only that but he's equipped with several tomes of diverse elements that wear off after several uses, which represents an important mechanic in FE; you know, weapon management. Many characters are able to use more than one type of weapon and have to carry a bunch of them not only to be properly equipped in various situations were one type of weapon isn't enough, but because you have to be ready when your current weapon breaks and can't be used again.

Robin's inclusion is just brilliant. It introduces a character from a recent and well received game, and at the same time it adds a lot of essential elements that were lacking in representation in previous games.

Lucina just looks like a last minute clone. Also, why did they pick her and not Chrom? At least he's the main character of the story.

Well for one thing, she's Chrom's daughter, and carries on for him later in the game, she's very much a main character even if she's not THE main character. Also she's female, and I personally think it's much more radular that there's been an influx of female characters(I'll count Villager and Robin since you can pick to play as the female version with them). Also she's incredibly popular.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - Attack of the Clone - by Gwen - 07-14-2014, 06:52 PM