Users browsing this thread: 85 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Mii Fighter are you going to use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Mii Gunner
18.97%
11 18.97%
The Mii Brawler
24.14%
14 24.14%
The Mii Swordsman
22.41%
13 22.41%
I don't plan on using Miis
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING
(07-14-2014, 01:24 PM)soulcaliburfan Wrote: The stances are blatantly different so far, the neutral air was shown to have a third slash that hits behind her, and the supposed up b does a more forward strike than Marth's sword uppercut. Also the sword dance seems to go faster and use different slashing patterns (Even if you argue that it is just the downward version, the angles are quite different.)

That is off of literally 10 seconds of video.

Except her nair only does two hits. There's a forward slash, and then the swinging one she does behind her. You know, like Marth's does.

If you don't believe me, here's .gifs comparing the two

Lucina: http://gfycat.com/FineSentimentalGecko.gif
[Image: FineSentimentalGecko.gif]
Marth:
[Image: Marth_imperfect_AC_nair_vs_shffl_nair.gif]

I'll have to look at the Dancing Sword's animation a bit more closely since you say they're at different angles, but it's still the same move. I'm wanting to guess that you're mistaken given the mess up on the Nair, but I'll give you the BOTD and check it out. I'll update this post then. However, Roy and Marth had moves that are at varying speeds and slightly differing properties, but they're still considered clones. The Up B is still the same move, however she gets a bit more horizontal movement. That's like saying the Link's Up B isn't basically the same because one gets a bit more vertical than the other. The stance difference hardly means that Lucina isn't a clone, given the fact there are examples of clones having different idles. Not attacking animations can be different and that doesn't keep a character from being a clone. Pichu and Pikachu have different idles, for examples. Doc Mario and Mario have different Idle 2's as well.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: SchAlternate

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - by Omega - 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - Attack of the Clone - by [robo9] - 07-14-2014, 01:37 PM