Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0
(08-23-2015, 08:36 AM)beltsupersmashball Wrote: Well here I am, God knows how long later. I did your homework, Kosheh.
And I've gotta say, it's kinda decent for when I'm tired.

Yeah! They came out alright. C:

I did notice a thing with Marth - and I'm not quite sure how to explain it.  You'll probably want to pick up a drawing book - but basically, "set goals" for when you're drawing.
I can kinda tell you were drawing Marth, starting with his head...and then his torso....then his arms...his belt....and oh shit "I'm running out of room better just draw his legs"

If you look at some of the users' art here, they don't always erase their "guide shapes" when they're drawing.  Those "guide shapes" and lines in their art allows them to pre-plan their drawing and "set goals" with the piece they're working on.

If you're looking for SPECIFIC books that cover that (like anime. I assume you like anime) try "How to Draw Anime & Game Characters, Vol. 1: Basics for Beginners and Beyond" by Tadashi Ozawa.  It'll explain using those circles to plot out your drawings, and show mistakes that beginning artists often make when they're drawing their characters.
If you're looking to draw general cartoony characters like The KKM does, pick up "Fun With A Pencil" by Andy Loomis. The book was written in the 1930's and hasn't been printed since - so it might be worth it to peruse the Internet to see if you can find anything. ;O

Then, just adapt the techniques accordingly to the piece. You're not going to draw Ness like Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, so use "guide shapes" accordingly to work out how his noodly body is set up in your piece.

It's arguable that the "guide drawing" technique kinda stunts your creativity a bit, but when you're just starting out, it's fine until you make your own original characters and establish your own style of drawing the character that may or may require less effort than what you originally put in ;O

Also yeah of course you're not gonna get better at art overnight! You've just gotta keep drawing and practicing. <:
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - by Kosheh - 08-23-2015, 09:31 PM